COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1879
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Dr. William Edward Throckmorton, Texas pioneer and father of Texas senator and governor James W. Throckmorton
COUNTY SEATS: One -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.
COURTHOUSES: Two - 1879 and 1890.
STANDING: One - 1890 Italiante style courthouse.
NOTE: This building is similar
to the abandonded 1891
Stonewall County Courthouse in Rayner, also
by Martin, Byrne, & Johnston.