COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1904
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Col. Benjamin Franklin Terry, who commanded the Eighth Texas Cavalry (Terry's Texas Rangers) in the Civil War.
COUNTY SEATS: One -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: A. M. (Dick) Brownfield, a prominent rancher in the area.
COURTHOUSES: Two -
1906 and 1925
STANDING: One - 1925 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of brick and concerte with a 1951 addition.