Fannin County Courthouse
Bonham, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1888
Architect -  W. C. Dodson & Dudley
Photos: Robert Deering 8/11/2006
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1838

COUNTY NAMED FOR: James Walker Fannin, Jr., a martyred hero of the Texas Revolution..

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Warren and Bois D'Arc, which was renamed Bonham in 1844.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: James Butler Bonham, an Alamo defender.

COURTHOUSES: Four - 1840, 1843, 1881, and 1888.

STANDING: One -1888 limestone courthouse. After a 1929 fire the courthouse was rebuilt without the gable, roof, and tower. In 1965 the building was remodeled into a Modern style disguising the original design.


 
 

1888 Courthouse - Original Configuration
 

1888 Courthouse - 1929 Fire
 

1888 Courthouse - Post Fire Configuration
 
 
1888 Courthouse - Following 1965 Remodel
Photo: Robert Deering 1974

 

Bonham, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering
8/11/2006

 
U. S. Post Office in Bonham