Falls County Courthouse
Marlin, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1939
Architect - Arthur E. Thomas
Photos: Robert Deering 9/12/2002
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1850

COUNTY NAMED FOR: The falls of the Brazos gave the county its name.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Adams, which was renamed Marlin.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: John Marlin, a pioneer patriot.

COURTHOUSES: Five - 1851, 1855, 1869, 1888, and 1939.

STANDING: One -1939 Modern courthouse built of concrete, brick, and stone.

 
 
 
1888 Courthouse
 

1939 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Marlin, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering
2/21/2009

 
Fisrt United Methodist Church of Marlin
Built in 1910
 
St. Paul United Church of Christ near Marlin
Built in 1920