COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Empresario Green DeWitt
Three - Cameron, Clinton, and Cuero.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Cuero Creek, which the Spanish had called Arroyo del Cuero, or Creek of the Rawhide, in reference to the Indians' practice of killing wild cattle that got stuck in the mud of the creekbed.
Three - 1847, 1858, and 1897
STANDING: One -1897 Romanesque Revival courthouse built of sandstone.
RENOVATION: Complete -
Rededication October 27, 2007