COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1858
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Lorenzo de Zavala, a Mexican colonist and one of the signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence.
COUNTY SEATS: Two - Bates City (now
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The clear artesian water of the area.
COURTHOUSES: Three - Batesville in
1885; Crystal City in
1928 and 1970.
STANDING: One - 1970 Modern courthouse built of steel and concerte.
ADDRESS: 200 E Dimmit,
Crystal City, Texas