COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Kenneth Lewis Anderson, vice-president of Texas from 1844 to annexation.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:
COURTHOUSES: Four - 1847, 1856,
1886, & 1914
STANDING: One - 1914 brick courthouse in Renaissance Revival style. The 1886 courthouse, designed by Dodson & Dudley, was allegedly burned to destroy incriminating documents. The 1914 courthouse was remodeled in the 1980s.
LOCATION: 500 N Church.
Palestine TX 75801