COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1848
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Robert
McAlpin Williamson (1804?–1859),
a community leader and veteran of the Battle
of San Jacinto.
COUNTY SEATS: One -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:
George Washington Glasscock, who
donated the land for the town., donat
COURTHOUSES: Five -1849, 1851, 1857,
1877, and 1911.
STANDING: One -1911 Beaux-Arts
courthouse built of brick and stone. The roof design
was altered during a 1965 remodeling project, but
restored in 2007.
RENOVATION: Complete -
Rededication December 8, 2007