Willacy County Courthouse
Ramondville, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1922
Architect - Henry T. Phelps
Photos: Robert Deering 9/4/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1911

COUNTY NAMED FOR: John G. Willacy, farmer and legislator.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Sarita (now the seat of Kenedy County) and Raymondville.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Edward Burleson Raymond, a land developer.

COURTHOUSES: One - 1922

STANDING:  One -1922 Classical Revival courthouse, which has been substantially remodeled over the years.

ADDRESS:  192 N 3rd Street, Raymondville, Texas

 
 

1922 Courthouse
Photo: ca1936
 
 
1922 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974