Webb County Courthouse
Laredo, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1992
Architect - James L. Humphries, Jr.
Photos: Robert Deering 9/3/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1848

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Judge James Webb.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Laredo

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Originally known as San Agustín de Laredo, the city of Laredo was a founded in 1755 as a colonial city of New Spain. It was named for a town in the province of Santander, located on the north coast of Spain.

COURTHOUSES: Four- 185?, 1882, 1909, and 1992

STANDING: Two -

  • 1909 Renaissance Revival courthouse built of brick and concerte.
  • 1992 courthouse built with brick and cncrete.

ADDRESS:  1110 Victoria Street, Laredo, Texas

 
 

1882 Courthouse
 
 
1909 Courthouse
 


 

 

Webb County Courthouse
Laredo, Texas

 
 Completed - 1909
Architect - Alfred Giles
Photos: Robert Deering 9/3/2005

ADDRESS:  900 San Augstine Street, Laredo, Texas

 


1909 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939

 

Laredo, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering 9/3/2005

 
Laredo City Hall