COUNTY NAMED FOR:
Thomas W. Ward, second commissioner of the General Land Office of Texas.
COUNTY SEATS: Two -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Thomas John (Pat) Monahan, who dug the first water well between the Pecos River and Big Spring at Monahans in 1881 and selected the site for a water tank, around which a ranch supply point later developed. Town was originally called Monahan's Well.
COURTHOUSES: Two -
1893 in Barstow and 1940
STANDING: One - 1940 Moderne courthouse built of sandstone.
S Allen Ave, Monahans, TX