Terrell County Courthouse
Sanderson, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1930
Architect - Henry Phelps
Photos: Robert Deering 9/2/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1905

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Alexander Watkins Terrell, jurist, Civil War officer, and statesman.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Sanderson

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Thomas P. Sanderson, the engineer in charge of construction of a railroad roundhouse.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1906 and 1930

STANDING: One - 1930 Mediteranean courthouse built of brick and concrete.

ADDRESS:  105 E Hackberry, Sanderson, Texas

 
 
 
1906 Courthouse
 

1930 Courthouse
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Sanderson, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 9/2/2005

 
First Baptist Church of Sanderson