COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1848
COUNTY NAMED FOR: James Harper Starr, physician, Republic of Texas treasurer, land agent, banker, and Confederate official.
COUNTY SEATS: One - Rancho Davis was renamed
Rio Grande City when the county was organized.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The
Rio Grande river.
COURTHOUSES: Three - 1854,
1886, and 1939
- 1854 courthouse that was orginally a warehouse.
It now serves as a Municipal Court and
Public Works building.
- 1939 Moderne courthouse is built of brick.
ADDRESS: 401 N Britton
Avenue, Rio Grande City, Texas