COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1857
COUNTY NAMED FOR: The name Palo Pinto is derived from the spotted oak. Palo is Spanish for trunk or post and pinto means spotted.
One - Palo Pinto, which was named Golconda until 1858.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as county.
COURTHOUSES: Three - 1857,
1882, and 1940.
STANDING: One - 1940 Texas Renaissance building with Classical elements. This courthouse was built of sandstone that was recycled from the 1882 structure.