COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1892
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Commodore Edwin Ward Moore, the commander of the Texas Navy of the Republic of Texas.
COUNTY SEATS: One -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Louis Dumas, president of the Panhandle Townsite Company in Sherman, who purchased railroad survey lands in the Panhandle.
COURTHOUSES: Two - 1893 and 1931
STANDING: 1931 Moderne courthouse built of brick and concrete.