COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1837
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Benjamin Rush Milam
COUNTY SEATS: Two -
Caldwell (now county seat of
Burleson County) and
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Ewen Cameron, a participant in the
COURTHOUSES: Six - 1841 in Caldwell; 1846, 1856, 1871, 1876, and 1892 in Cameron.
STANDING: One -1892 Renaissance Revival courthouse. A WPA project in 1938 removed the clock tower and modified the roof. However, the building has been restored with 1999 (exterior) and 2002 (interior) projects.
RENOVATION: Complete -
Rededication July 4, 2002