Mills County Courthouse
Goldthwaite, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1913
Architect -  Henry T. Phelps
Photos: Robert Deering 9/3/2013
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1887

COUNTY NAMED FOR:  John T. Mills, a judge during the Republic of Texas period.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Goldthwaite

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Joesph G. Goldthwaite was an official of the railroad that was built through the area in 1886, the same year the town was formed.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1889 and 1913.

STANDING: One - 1913 courthouse in Classical Revival style and built of brick, stone, and concrete.

RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication August 27, 2011

 
 
 
1889 Courthouse
 

1913 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
Mills County Jail
Completed - 1888

 

Goldthwaite, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 9/3/2013

 
Business District
 
First Baptist Church
 
Business District