COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1860
COUNTY NAMED FOR: American Revolutionary War hero Francis Marion, the "Swamp Fox."
COUNTY SEATS: One -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: President Thomas Jefferson.
COURTHOUSES: Two - 1874 and 1912. The 1874 courthouse was used as a public school sometime after the newer building was completed,
but it burned in 1937.
STANDING: One -1912 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of brick.
102 E Austin St, Jefferson, TX 75657
NOTE: This building is similar to the
Roberts County Courthouse
in Miami also by Elmer George Withers.