Lubbock County Courthouse
Lubbock, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1950
Architect - Haynes & Kirby
Photos: Robert Deering 1/18/2003
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1891

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Thomas S. Lubbock, former Texas Ranger and brother of Francis R. Lubbock, governor of Texas during the Civil War.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Lubbock, Texas.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1891, 1915, and 1950

STANDING: One - 1950 Modern courthouse built of limestone and granite with a 1968 addition.

 
 
 
1891 Courthouse
 
1915 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1039
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Courthouse Square
Photo: 11/4/2016

 

Lubbock, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 1/18/2003

 
First Baptist Church of Lubbock
 
1931 Post Office in Lubbock
Supervising Architect James A. Wetmore