Liberty County Courthouse
Liberty, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1931
Architect - C. G. Curtis & A. E. Thomas
Photos: Robert Deering 9/1/2002
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1836

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Originally organized as a municipality by the Mexican Government in 1831, the area was know as Villa de la Santísima Trinidad de la Libertad.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Liberty.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.

COURTHOUSES: Seven - 1840, 1843, 1849, 1857, 1877, 1896, and 1931.

STANDING: One -1931 Modern concrete and brick building.

 
 

1896 Courthouse
Photo: Texas Historical Commision

1931 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Liberty, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering 9/1/2002

 
First Baptist Church of Liberty