Limestone County Courthouse
Groesbeck, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1924
Architect - R. H. Stucky
Photos: Robert Deering 1/29/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846

COUNTY NAMED FOR: The indigenous Limestone rock.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Springfield and Groesbeck.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The community was named for Abram Groesbeck, a director of the Houston and Texas Central Railway.

COURTHOUSES: Five - 1847 and 1856 in Springfield; 1878, 1892, and 1924 in Groesbeck.

STANDING: One - 1924 Classical Revival building made of brick, tile, marble, and concerete.

 
 

1892 Courthouse
 

1924 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
1924 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974
 

 

Groesbeck, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering 1/29/2005

 
1937 Post Office in Groesbeck