Lamar County Courthouse
Paris, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1917
Architect - Sanguinet & Statts and Barry & Smith
Photo: Robert Deering 6/16/2014
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1841

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Mirabeau B. Lamar, the fourth president of the Republic of Texas.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Layfayette and Paris.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Paris, France.

COURTHOUSES: Six - 1841 in Lafayette; 1844, 1847, 1873, 1896, and 1917 in Paris.

STANDING: One -1917 Classical Revival building with Romanesque features, and constructed of marble, and granite.

RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication September 3, 2006

LOCATION:  119 N Main St, Paris, TX 75460

 
 
 
1896 Courthouse
 
 
1917 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 

1917 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974

     
 
     
 

 

Paris, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 6/16/2014

 
Union Railroad Station
   
Former Central Fire Station

Lamar County Museum 
 
Fountian in Town Square
 
First Baptist Church
 
Red River Valley Veterans Memorial
 
First United Methodist Church