Lamb County Courthouse
Littlefield, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1955
Architect - Atcheson & Atkinson
Photos: Robert Deering 4/3/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1908

COUNTY NAMED FOR: George A. Lamb a participant in the battle of San Jacinto.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Olton and Littlefield

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: George W. Littlefield cattleman, banker, and member of the Board of Regents of the University of Texas.

COURTHOUSES: Three - Olton - 1908, 1922; Littlefield - 1955

STANDING: One - 1955 Modern courthouse in Littlefield built of brick and concerte. After the county seat was moved from Oilton to Littlefield in 1946, the 1922 courthouse served as a hospital until it was torn down in 1965.

 
 
 
1922 Courthouse in Oilton
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Littlefield, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 4/3/2005

 
1930 City Hall in Littlefield
Architect - The Butler Company
 
1940 Post Office in Littlefield
Supervising Architct - Neal A. Melick
 
First Baptist Church of Littlefield