COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1886
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Henry Knox, the secretary of war in George Washington's first cabinet.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The town of Benjamin was founded by Hillary Bedford in 1884 and named for his oldest son.
Three - 1886,
1891, 1935. The first courthouse, a small box-and-strip building, was replaced by a native stone structure in 1891. The Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works constructed the current building in 1935.
STANDING: One - 1935 Modern style structure.