COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1874
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Early settler and adventurer
Henry Lawrence Kinney.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Oscar B. Brackett, who established the first general dry goods store near the site of Fort Clark in 1852.
Three - 1869, 1879, and 1910
STANDING: Two -
- The 1879 courthouse made of stone.
The building has been the home of the Masonic
Lodge since 1911 and has also served as the U.S.
Post Office, county offices, and other purpoes.
- The 1910
Beaux-Arts courthouse built of brick.
ADDRESS: 501 S Ann,