Kimble County Courthouse
Junction, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1929
Architect -  Henry Phelps
Photos: Robert Deering 9/15/2003
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1876

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Alamo defender George C. Kimble.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Kimbleville and Junction.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: It is named for its location at the confluence of the North and South Llano rivers.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1878, 1884, and 1929.

STANDING: One - 1929 Moderne courthouse built of brick with a 1974 addition.

 
 

1884 Courthouse