COUNTY NAMED FOR: George Wilkins Kendall, a journalist and pioneer Texas sheepman.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Ludwig Boerne, a German author and publicist.
Two - 1870 and 1998.
STANDING: Two -
- 1870 Italiante courthouse built of limestone
(Architects Philip Zoeller and S. F. Stendeback). The second floor was added in 1886 by arcitect Charles Buckel, and the facade was redesigned and expanded by Alfred Giles in 1909.
- The 1998 structure was built accross the street from the first courthouse and is designed to compliment the 1909 addition.