COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1848
COUNTY NAMED FOR: David Spangler Kaufman, a diplomat and member of the Congress of the Republic of Texas, the legislature of the state of Texas, and the Congress of the United States.
One - King's Fort, which was renamed
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.
Four - 1851, 1961, 1887, and 1956.
STANDING: One -1956 Modern steel, aluminum, and marble courthouse.
100 W Mulberry St, Kaufman, TX 75142