Jefferson County Courthouse
Beaumont, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1932
Architect - Fred C. Stone & A. Babin
Photos: Robert Deering 11/14/2013
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1836

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Thomas Jefferson

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Jefferson and Beaumont.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Beaumont is the maiden name of Mary Millard, the wife of Henry Millard one of the town's founders.

COURTHOUSES: Four - 1838, 1855, 1893, and 1932

STANDING: One -1932 Modern style courthouse built of stone and brick with Art Deco elements. An addition was completed in 1981.

 
 

1893 Courthouse
 

1932 Courthouse
 

1932 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974
 

 
         
 

 

Beaumont, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 11/14/2013

 
 
Julie Rogers Theater
For The Performing Arts
Completed in 1927
As The City Hall and Auditorim
 
Tyrrell Historical Library
Completed in 1903
As The First Baptist Church
 
Federal Building
U.S. Post Office and Courts
 
First United Methodist Church