COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1887
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederacy.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Jefferson Davis, U. S. Secretary of War (before the Civil War).
Two - 1880 and 1910. Fort Davis was the county seat of Presidio County from 1871 to 1885 when Marfa was declared the new county seat. In 1887 Jeff Davis County was formed and Fort Davis was once again a county seat.
STANDING: One - 1910 Classical Revival courthouse built of stone and concrete. The building has a Beaux-Arts clock tower.
RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication
November 8, 2003
ADDRESS: 105 Court Avenue, Fort