Jasper County Courthouse
Jasper, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1889
Architect - Eugene T. Heiner
Photos: Robert Deering 8/31/2001
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1836

COUNTY NAMED FOR: William Jasper, a hero of the American Revolution who was killed attempting to plant the American colors at the storming of Savannah in 1779.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Jasper.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  Same as the county.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1837, 1854, and 1889

STANDING: One -1889 courthouse, which has been atered extensively over the years.  Additions were complete in 1934 and 1960, and the original clock tower was removed in 1957. The building now has a Neoclassical appearance.

 
 

1889 Courthouse
Before Additions and Modifications
 

1889 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 

1889 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974