Jackson County Courthouse
Edna, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1954
Architect - F. Perry Johnson
Photos: Robert Deering 9/12/2002
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1836

COUNTY NAMED FOR: President Andrew Jackson

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Texana and Edna.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  A daughter of the count Italian Count Joseph Telfener, who promoted and built the railroad that led to settlment of the area.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1836, 1884, and 1954

STANDING: One -1954 Modern courthouse built of brick and concrete.

 
 
 
1884 Courthouse
 

1884 Couerhouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939