COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1857
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Brothers Partick and William Jack, leaders in the Texas independence effort.
One - Mesquiteville that was later renamed
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as county.
Four - 1858, 1871, 1886, and 1939
STANDING: One - 1940 Modern style courthouse built of stone. The city hall in Jacksboro was built with rock recycled from the 1886 courthouse.