Hemphill County Courthouse
Canadian, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1909
Architect - R. G. Kirsch
Photos: Robert Deering 4/2/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1887

COUNTY NAMED FOR: John Hemphill a jurist and Confederate congressman.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Canadian.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The Canadian River, which runs through the town.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1887 and 1909

STANDING: One - 1909 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of brick.