Haskell County Courthouse
Haskell, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1892
Architect - A.O. Watson
Photos: Robert Deering 7/18/2001
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1885

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Charles R. Haskell, who was killed in the Goliad Massacre.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Haskell.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as county

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1885 and 1891.

STANDING: One -1892 courthouse built of limestone. A renovation project in 1931 removed the roof features and a large clock tower.  The original section of the courthouse is in the center with large symmetrical wings added on the east and west ends.

 
 
 
1892 Courthouse
Before Modifications