COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Guadalupe County takes its name from the Guadalupe River, which Alonso de Leon named in 1689 in honor of the Lady of Guadalupe depicted on his standard.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Juan N. Seguin political and military figure of the Texas Revolution and Republic of Texas.
Three - 1858, 1889, and 1935.
STANDING: One -1935 Moderne courthouse built of limestone.