Grimes County Courthouse
Anderson, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1893
Architect - F.S. Glover & Co
Photos: Robert Deering 1/31/2009
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Jesse Grimes, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Anderson.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Kenneth Anderson, vice-president of the Republic of Texas.

COURTHOUSES: Five - 1838, 1849, 1850, 1891, and 1893.

STANDING: One -1893 Italianate courthouse built of stone and brick.

RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication March 2, 2002

 
 

1893 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
1893 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974