Gregg County Courthouse
Longview, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1932
Architect - Voelcker & Dixon
Photos: Robert Deering 8/30/2001
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1873

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Gen. John Gregg, secession delegate and Confederate officer.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Longview.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Longview was named by a group of surveyors in an apt description of what they saw.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1879, 1897, and 1932.

STANDING: One -1932 courthouse in Art Deco style built of brick terra cotta and marble. Several additions and annexes have been completed over the years.

 
 

1879 Courthouse
 
1897 Courthouse 

1932 Courthouse
Photo: ca 1940
 
 



Courthouse Annex