Fisher County Courthouse
Roby, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1972
Architect - Seller & Associates
Photos: Robert Deering 11/5/2016
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1886

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Samuel Rhoads Fisher, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and secretary of the navy of the Republic of Texas.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Roby.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: M. L. and D. C. Roby, developers from Mississippi, who were successful in their attempt to get the county government for the newly organized Fisher County to be established at a site they owned in the center of the county.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1886, 1910, and 1972

STANDING: One -1972 Modern courthouse, built of brick.

LOCATION:  112 N Concho St, Roby, TX

 
 

1910 Courthouse
Photo: Texas Historic Commision 1953
 
 
1972 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974
 

1972 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974
 


   
Courthouse Annex
 
Law Enforcement Center
 
1928 County Jail
 

 
Courthouse Square