COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1850
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Richard Ellis, the President of the Texas Constitutional Convention, 1836.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Waxahachie is a Tonkawa word referring to cow or buffalo creek. The town was named after the nearby
Four - 1850, 1854, 1873, and 1896.
STANDING: One -1896 Romanesque Revival building of sandstone and granite.
RENOVATION: Complete -
Rededication October 4, 2003.