COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1850
COUNTY NAMED FOR: The Spanish name
El Paso del Norte denotes a historically important geographical point, the channel cut by the Rio Grande through the mountains to form a natural passageway for travelers to the north or south, east or west.
San Elizario, Ysleta, and
El Paso, Texas.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county
Six - San Elizario 1866; Ysleta 1871; El Paso 1886, 1917, 1980, 1991
- The 1917 Classical Revival courthouse,
which was substantially remodeled in the
- The 1980 Modern courthouse built of
steel and concrete
- The 1991 high-rise
building covered in reflective glass
ADDRESS: 500 E San
Antonio Ave., El Paso, Texas