Collin County Courthouse
McKinney, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 2007
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 7/28/2007
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: Collin County was demarked from Fannin County on April 3, 1846

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Collin McKinney, one of the first settlers of the county and a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Buckner and McKinney.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  Same as the county.

COURTHOUSES: Six - Buckner - 1846; McKinney - 1848, 1856, 1876, 1979 and 2007

STANDING: Three -

  • 1876 building was originally a Second Empire brick and stone structure. This courthouse was extensively remodeled in 1927 (including the addition of the third floor and basement) by Sparger &  Peters. It is currently used as a performing arts center.
  • The 1979 courthouse is a Modern steel, brick, and concrete structure.
  • The 2007 courthouse has a small dome for a more traditional treatment.
 
 
 
1876 Courthouse
 
 
1979 Courthouse

 

Collin County Courthouse
McKinney, Texas

 
 Completed - 1979
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 8/19/2001

 

Collin County Courthouse
McKinney, Texas

 
 Completed - 1876;  Reconstructed - 1927
Architect - Charles Wheelock; Sparger & Peters
Photos: Robert Deering 8/19/2001


  
1876 Courthouse
Before Modifications
 
1876 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974

 

McKinney, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering
8/19/2001

 
Former 1911 Post Office in McKinney