Coleman County Courthouse
Coleman, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1884
Architect - W. W. Dudley
Photos: Robert Deering 9/15/2003
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1864

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Robert M. Coleman, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and an aide to General Houston at San Jacinto.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Camp Colorado and Coleman.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county

COURTHOUSES: One - 1884

STANDING: One - 1884 courthouse remodeled into a Modern-style building in a 1952 expansion project.

 
 
 
1884 Courthouse
Before Modifications
Photo: Texas DoT 1939