Childress County Courthouse
Childress, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1939
Architect -  Townes & Funk
Photos: Robert Deering 4/14/2003
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1887

COUNTY NAMED FOR: George C. Childress, author of the Texas Declaration of Independence.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Childress City and Henry (name changed later to Childress)

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1887, 1891, and 1939

STANDING: One - 1939 Modern courthouse built of stone.

 
 
 
1891 Courthouse
 

1939 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939