Castro County Courthouse
Dimmitt, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1939
Architect - Townes & Funk
Photos: Robert Deering 4/3/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1891

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Henri Castro, the empresario who was consul general to Paris for the Republic of Texas.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Dimmitt.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Rev. W. C. Dimmitt

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1892, 1906, 1940

STANDING: One - 1940 Moderne courthouse built of sandstone.

 
 
 
1939 Courthouse
Photo: Texas Historical Commission 1950