Burnet County Courthouse
Burnet, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1936
Architect -  Willis Enviornmental Engineering
Photos: Robert Deering 9/3/2013
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1852

COUNTY NAMED FOR: David G. Burnet, president of the provisional government of the Republic of Texas.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Hamilton, which was renamed Burnet in 1858.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  Same as county.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1854, 1874 and 1936. The 1854 courthouse was presumed burned by cattle thieves to destroy brand records.

STANDING: One -1936 Modern structure made of granite and constructed with WPA funds.

LOCATION:  220 South Pierce Street, Burnet, Texas 78611

 
 
 
1936 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
1936 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Burnet County Jail
Completed in 1884
 

 

Burnet, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 9/3/2013

 
Burnet City Hall
 
First Baptist Church of Burnet
 
Burnet Presbyterian Church
 
Burnet Business District