One - Caldwell. Caldwell first served as the county seat of Milam County until Burleson County was organized in 1846.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:
Mathew Caldwell, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and soldier in the Texas army.
Four - 1847, 185?, 1890, and 1927.
STANDING: One - 1927 Classical Revival courthouse built of brick.
LOCATION: 100 W Buck
St, Caldwell, TX 77836