Brown County Courthouse
Brownwood, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1917
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 6/29/2002
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1856

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Capt. Henry Stevenson Brown, a company commander in the battle of Velasco, a delegate to the Convention of 1832, and one of the first Anglo-Americans in the area.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Brownwood, Texas

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  Same as county.

COURTHOUSES: Four - 1858, 1876, 1884, and 1917.

STANDING: One - 1917 Classical Revival brick courthouse.

LOCATION: 200 S Broadway St, Brownwood, TX 76801

 
 
 
1884 Courthouse
 

1917 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


1903 Brown County Jail
Now Used as a Museum