COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1892
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Andrew Briscoe, a soldier in the Texas Revolution, who became a judge and railroad promoter
during the Texas Republic period.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Reportedly derived from the silvery reflections of the shallow lakes in the area.
Two - 1892 and 1922
STANDING: One - 1922 Classical Revival courthouse built of brick and concrete. The building was remodeled in 1954.
Main St, Silverton, TX 79257