Brewster County Courthouse
Alpine, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1887
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 9/2/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1887

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Henry P. Brewster, Republic of Texas secretary of war under David G. Burnet.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Murphyville, which was changed to Alpine in 1888.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The region that is often referred to as the "Alps of Texas."

COURTHOUSES: One - 1887

STANDING: One - 1887 Second Empire courthouse built of brick.

LOCATION:  201 W Avenue E, Alpine, Texas

 
 

1887 Courthouse
Photo: c1950
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Alpine, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering
9/2/2005

 
First Baptist Church of Alpine